The Waiting Rooms
epub | 539.1 KB | English | Author :Eve Smith | 1913193268 | 2020 | ORENDA BOOKS

Book Description :

[spoiler]Swinging from South Africa to England: one woman's hunt for her birth mother in*an all-too-believable near future in which an antibiotic crisis has decimated the population. A prescient, thrilling debut.

'Combines the excitement of a medical thriller*à la*Michael Crichton*with sensitive characterisation and social insight in a timely debut novel all the more remarkable for being conceived and written before the current pandemic' Guardian

'STUNNING and terrifying .*The Waiting Rooms*wrenches your heart in every way possible, but written with such humanity and emotion'*Miranda Dickinson

'Chillingly close to reality, this gripping thriller brims with authenticity . a captivating, accomplished and timely debut from an author to watch'*Adam Hamdy

Decades of spiralling drug resistance have unleashed a global antibiotic crisis. Ordinary infections are untreatable, and a scratch from a pet can kill. A sacrifice is required to keep the majority safe: no one over seventy is allowed new antibiotics. The elderly are sent to hospitals nicknamed 'The Waiting Rooms' . hospitals where no one ever gets well.

Twenty years after the crisis takes hold, Kate begins a search for her birth mother, armed only with her name and her age.*As Kate unearths disturbing facts about her mother's past, she puts her family in danger and risks losing everything. Because*Kate is not the only secret that her mother is hiding. Someone else is looking for her, too.

Sweeping from an all-too-real modern Britain to a pre-crisis South Africa,*The Waiting Rooms*is epic in scope, richly populated with unforgettable characters, and*a tense, haunting vision of a future that is only a few mutations away.

'Engrossing and eye-opening, with heart-stopping plot twists . a stunning medical thriller set in a terrifying possible future'*Foreword Revie

'A*touching, gut-wrenching story of family mystery and tragedy . a thriller that punches on two fronts - heart AND mind'*The Sun

'Gripping and disturbing . the medical research is convincing, the scenarios plausible, and the story is emotionally engaging. This is an incredible debut!'*Gill Paul

'If the themes are dark and topical, the writing is exquisite. Breath held, I got to the finale with my heart in my mouth. Eve Smith weaves a complex and clever tale, merging countries and timelines; the result is a superb and satisfying novel'*Louise Beech

'Margaret Atwood is one of my all-time writing heroes and*The Handmaid's Tale*is probably the best book I've ever read. Eve Smith and*The Waiting Rooms*really do challenge that long-held crown.'*Random Things through My Letterbox

'Thoroughly engaging . an eye-opening read'*Crime Fiction Lover

'A novel of our times'*Trip Fiction

'Haunting, honest and horrifying in its reality . An epic and thrilling read'*Book Literati

'Stunning dystopian debut. A prescient and alarming tale that seems just a whisper from reality'*Suzy Apsley

'The Waiting Rooms*will certainly distract us from the real world for a few hours and this is the immeasurable value of fiction. It gives hope that, as in Eve Smith's fictitious world, the possibility of a happy ending still exists'*Die Burger

'The Waiting Rooms*is a seriously impressive debut, a novel that is intuitive and chilling, one that will resonate with all in this current climate'*Swirl & Thread
[/spoiler]

Category : | Medical Romance, Medical Romance, City Life Fiction

Download link Here
Hosters
Rapidgator | Nitroflare | DropApk

Kod:
https://rapidgator.net/file/50bf8e9bdc816aa568395fb1d8e33b43/The.Waiting.Rooms.epub
Kod:
http://nitroflare.com/view/C77C660790148CF/The.Waiting.Rooms.epub
Kod:
https://dropapk.to/n27dpvg2u3jl/The.Waiting.Rooms.epub
Thanks for downloading The Waiting Rooms :